COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Our Commitment to you
After months of closure and many more months of uncertainty, we are absolutely delighted to have dates for re-opening 11 Cadogan Gardens.
From Monday, 12th April: Hans’ Bar & Grill will begin al fresco dining on Pavilion Road. Reservations can be made on our website with limited tables offered on a first come first served basis.
We are also pleased to announce that we will launch The Apartments by 11 Cadogan Gardens on Monday, 12th April. For more information on these luxurious and contemporary self-catered apartments, please register here.
From Monday, 17th May:
- The hotel will open, welcoming guests for overnight stays and dining inside and out
- The rule of 6 or 2 households applies when dining within any of our restaurants or lounges
From Monday, 21st June: We look forward to welcoming you with no restrictions!
If you have a reservation relating to a stay or dining prior to 17th May, we will contact you to discuss your arrangements.
To find out more about restrictions within the hotel prior to Monday 21st June, please take a moment to review our Precautions & Procedures to give you confidence in your safety during your stay with us below.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and patience during this time. My team and I are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to 11 Cadogan Gardens and Hans’ Bar & Grill throughout spring and beyond.
Here’s what to expect from 12th April...
If you are visiting us for dining or for an overnight stay...
NHS Track & Trace - We are supporting the NHS Covid-19 Track & Test service. We are required by law to record and retain for a period of two weeks the names and contact details of all visitors to the property. This information will be supplied to NHS Track & Test service on request. We urge you to download the NHS COVID-19 app and to scan the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel and spa.
Pre-arrival Health Questionnaire - You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival. If you are receiving this email on behalf of your household please complete one form per household.
Temperature Checks - Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance upon arrival.
Face coverings - Face coverings will be required in all public areas.
Social Distancing - Please respect the social distancing measures in place.
Staying with us?
Porter Service - Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care, with increased disinfection of high touch areas, and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
During Your Stay
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise the interactive Crave tablet to communicate with our team as much as possible
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (entrances, front desk, restaurant, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (doorknobs, TV Remote, Crave units)
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries
Temperature Checks - Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building.
Cleanliness and PPE Use - All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes. All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
Social Distancing – The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible. A standard has been implemented to ensure that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks than entail more than two team members -unless this work is in an open-air (outside) area.
Self-Isolating – All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell and will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
Meetings – We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings.
Shifts – We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it.
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training that relates to COVID-19 and further health and safety
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
Appointments - We will be receiving visitors and contractors to the site by appointment in advance only.
Pre-Arrival Health Questionnaire - You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival.
Temperature Checks - Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance upon arrival.
Deliveries - Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment.
Access - Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted.
What are our terms and conditions on cancellations?
We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 24 hours prior to arrival for a full refund or in some instances even on the day of arrival. Please refer to the cancellation policy when making your booking and speak with our Reservations Department for more details. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same.
Dining with us? Here’s what to expect…
On Booking - All bookings must be made in advance. For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details.
- We will limit table linens and for the time being use single-use napkins
- We have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- We have expanded our in-room dining
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost (tray charge waived), service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
Menus -All menus can be viewed by scanning the QR code on your table. Single-use menus are also available upon request
Using the Gym?
- A hand sanitising station is located immediately as you enter the gym
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use. Guests will need to book to use the gym at a specific time, after which our Housekeeping Department will clean and sanitize the gym.
The AA has confirmed that we are ‘COVID CONFIDENT’ and Visit Britain have confirmed that 'WE'RE GOOD TO GO'. We have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Finally, as a guest of 11 Cadogan Gardens, we ask for your support by…
Completing your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry. We cannot accept reservations from guests who have been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days. You will be asked to confirm this on your Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check-out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we do not love you... but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.