COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Our Commitment to you
We are delighted that we are open and welcoming guests back to the house again.
We realise that for many of you there are some concerns when it comes to staying at the hotel but rest assured our main objective is to ensure that you can ‘Escape with Confidence’ and with this in mind we invite you to read all about the preparations and procedures that Iconic Luxury Hotels have implemented.
If the information below, does not answer your questions or concerns, then please do speak to us directly by telephoning us on 0207 730 7000 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to 11 Cadogan Gardens soon.
Iconic Luxury Hotels have always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations.
The change we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from HM Government, Public Health England and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all of our stakeholders - our guests, our team and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
11 Cadogan Gardens is and will remain private.
To be present on property, you either need to be a guest, a staff member or a pre-authorised (and health-screened) partner. With only 56 bedrooms, each designed with privacy in mind, and some with their own private entrance, all of which enjoy the quiet neighbourhood of Chelsea.
General Practices & Protocols, Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
- Visit Britain have confirmed that 'WE'RE GOOD TO GO'. We have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Our Valued Guests
- We are supporting the NHS Covid-19 Track & Test service. We are required by law to record and retain for a period of two weeks the names and contact details of all visitors to the property. This information will be supplied to NHS Track & Test service on request. We urge you to download the NHS COVID-19 app and to scan the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel.
- You will be asked to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival. If you are receiving this email on behalf of your household or party, please complete one form per household or party.
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you, unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your deposit refunded or your stay re-scheduled.
- Face coverings will be required in all public areas
- Hotel residents will receive an amenity kit on arrival, which includes sanitiser, wipes and face covering (if in line with Government Guidelines)
- Your car will not be valet parked so you will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- An amenity kit will be available on request, which includes sanitser, wipes and face covering.
- We have placed individual amenity bottles in bedrooms, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise the interactive Crave tablet to communicate with our team as much as possible.
- Cash will not be accepted, unless arranged by prior agreement
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Lifts will only be available for use by prior arrangement with management
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, spa, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Door knobs, TV Remote, Crave units)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guest COVID-19 related queries
- We offer a range of rates with flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you will be refused entry
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- Inside our restaurants, we will only be accommodating a maximum of two households per table up to a maximum of 6 guests. If you are from more than two households and over 6 people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to the guidelines set out by UK Government.
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and expanded our outdoor spaces and food offerings
- We have expanded dining hours during higher occupancy periods
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu only as per usua
- There will be more ‘to go’ options in our food and beverage outlets
- Salt and pepper shakers will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use
- We will not accept cash payments unless arranged by prior agreement
- We will use batched cocktails/ingredients where possible to limit the handling of products
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Single use menus will be in place across all outlets excluding our outdoor outlets, these will have wipeable menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use
General Practices & Protocols, The Gym, Guest Experience & Activities
- With the Government’s COVID-19 guidance and our newly implemented health and safety practices, the hotel’s gym is now open. We have increased cleaning measures throughout the gym and our teams will assist you as and when you need it.
- Valet parking will be suspended until further notice
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Babysitting will be suspended until further notice
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members
Our teams commitment to you
- All team members are required to:-
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings
- We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at 11 Cadogan Gardens you commit to:
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry. We cannot accept reservations from guests who have been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days. You will be asked to confirm this on your Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
In addition to hand sanitisers placed throughout, we will provide a guest amenity kit that includes hand sanitizer, masks, and additional sanitisation wipes.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of the kits. We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.